Skip to content
- Gallery: Jamie Powell
Jamie Powell's sassy, boisterous, refigured painting. Take a look.
- Drawing by Nell Painter
From childhood through a career as an eminent historian and writer, and most recently as an artist, Nell Painter traces drawing in her life.
- Practice: Kim Bennett’s Multiple Streams by Sarah Granett
Kim Bennett discusses her multi-faceted art practice, beautiful objects, accessibility and claiming women's creative production in history.
- Practice: Hei Fok, Normalizing Fantasy by Sarah Granett
Sarah Granett interviews Hei Fok about influences from his Hong Kong youth, normalizing gay imagery, and painting around the workweek.
- Gallery: Mert Diner
History is embedded in its negation in Mert Diner's paintings. Canvas cutouts applied on top, cover what's underneath. Weave of raw canvas, rubbed with pigment, appears both ethereal and bare. Overpa
- Unpacking Our Collection: Walter by Tsubasa Berg by Martha Clippinger
This week Martha Clippinger unpacks a special painting by Tsubasa Berg.
- Practice: Laura Paulini’s Dazzling Repetitions by Sarah Granett
For our first Practice interview, Sarah Granett talks with painter, Laura Paulini, about dots and process in her Shimmer paintings.
- Introducing Practice – Interviews with Artists by Sarah Granett
Sarah Granett dives into the inspiration behind Practice, a column of interviews with artists.
- Unpacking Our Collection: Banana Puddin’ by Martha Clippinger
When it comes to creating community through sharing of art and food, Martha Clippinger is a natural. This week, she rediscovers Banana Puddin', and recounts its place in her early college life.
- Behind the Scene: Reading “Living and Sustaining a Creative Life” by Sarah Granett
Sarah Granett comments on a topical book of artists' essays culled and edited by Sharon Louden.